Sunday, July 17, 2016

Eagerly awaiting

I am eager awaiting the renovation of our carriage house. I've done research and found it on a map from 1880, but neighbors suggest that it could be from the late 18th century. This could explain the deteriorated condition of the mortar in the brickwork, and the need for a total renovation. Home renovations can be a trial to live through, but this one isn't. I watch the slow progress from our kitchen windows, and can already envision new doors and windows going in next month. The end result will be a downstairs space (TV room, etc.) and upstairs (a dream come true) studio space with room for small classes. When teaching my (sigh, large) art classes in Arlington and in D.C., I sometimes dream of what it will be like to sit with a few students and give them plenty of time and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment