Friday, April 28, 2017

first class at Carriage House Arts and Crafts

I finally hung my business license on the wall and opened the Carriage House for classes. The first class, on Thursdays, is with some great 7-year olds who I have taught before. Their enthusiasm was terrific, both for the new studio space, and for the project that we made. Inspired by the mixed-media bird cards by UK artist Mark Hearld, we cut out birds from heavy white paper, then used paint, pastels, and collage to transform them into colorful creatures. The addition of a bit of purple ribbon allows them to hang, as if in flight. This pics here show the kids at work, Mark Hearld's bird cards, the kids' completed birds, and one of my own (because they're so fun to make and I had the excuse of making an example ... or four!).

No comments:

Post a Comment