Thursday, May 3, 2018

Summer Camps and a Mother's Day workshop for kids

It's finally feeling like summer. And speaking of summer, I will be offering Summer Art Camps for the following dates:

JUNE 11-15
JUNE 18-22
JUNE 25-29
JULY 9 - 13
JULY 23-27 (2 spots left)
JULY 30 - AUG 3

The details are:
For ages 5-11
Class starts at 9:30AM and pick up time is 1:00PM (includes time for snack and lunch)

Art instruction will involve a wide variety of techniques and materials -- large and small projects, 3D and drawing/painting, collage and much more. We'll be inspired by important artists of the past, by ancient art, and by contemporary artists, too.

Bring a snack, drink and lunch. Weather permitting we will take a break around the corner at Volta Park. The cost of one week-long session is $200. All supplies included. Payment is due in full at the time of registration. There are no camp make-ups or refunds for absences.

Please let me know if you'd like to sign up your kids for any of these.

I will be doing my usual fun variety of types of projects--very mixed media--but I want to have an extra-special project each week. So far I have thought of:

Polymer clay pendants
Patterned and painted colorful clay pendants

Soap-making 
small glycerine soap in molds, with either flowers or tiny toys embedded in them

Decoupage
like collage, but on the underside of clear glass plates, creating a wonderful useable keepsake (no dishwasher, though)

Pirate Printing 
printing t-shirts and bags using public utility covers in Georgetown sidewalks

Just a reminder, too, that I have a fun and really beautiful project in mind for my Mother's Day workshop, too:

MAY 12 (Saturday)  -- 3 spots left
MOTHER'S DAY WORKSHOP FOR KIDS
10AM-noon
$40, all supplies included
Ages 6-11

I don't want to give away the surprise, but the kids will take home a ready-to-display piece of art that I
think will make your Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment